Warwickshire, CV37 8XW
Tel: 01789 720471
Proprietor: Marian Walters
Horseshoe Cottage is a charming 18th century character cottage.
Horseshoe Cottage is situated in the very heart of the pretty Warwickshire village of Pebworth village. Within easy reach of both historic Stratford-upon-Avon and the Cotswolds this makes the ideal base for your holiday break. The cottage sleeps up to 4 persons and has been recently restored, refurbished and redecorated to include oil fired central heating.
There is a large hallway, a fully fitted kitchen complete with washer/dryer, ceramic hob and electric oven, microwave, fridge and freezer. The large lounge/diner has a sofa with arm chairs in lounge for guests, dining table and chairs and offers an entertainment package of TV, DVD, Video and radio/cassette.
The french windows lead out onto an open courtyard garden which is readily equipped with garden table, chairs and BBQ. There is also a parking space here.
Upstairs are two bedrooms, one large bedroom with a double and single bed complete with colour tv, and a smaller single bedroom, all with ample storage space. You will also find a fully fitted bathroom with washbasin, toilet and bath complete with shower. Please note all bed linen, towels and kitchen linen are included in the rental price.
There is car parking to the rear and front of the property, please note the access to the side of the property must be kept clear at all times. Please note there is no telephone at Horseshoe Cottage, however there is a telephone kiosk within 100 yards and mobile telephone reception is excellent in this area.
In the village you will find a typically english village pub - The Mason's Arms and a well equipped children's playground. There is a well stocked shop in the nearby village of Honeybourne just 2 miles away this is open 7 days per week. Within 4 miles is the nearby market town of Bidford On Avon where you can find Budgens Supermarket, Takeaway restaurants and a fish and chip shop.
You will find a number of good country inns, restaurants and pubs where you find a wide variety of menus all within a 3 mile radius. Alternatively you have the local market towns of Stratford-upon-Avon, Evesham and the charming town of Chipping Campden.
Horseshoe Cottage is an ideal base for your holiday, set in the Heart of England, accessible from all four corners of the UK with the motorway network no more than 30 minutes drive away. Well within driving distance of Shakespeare's Stratford, Warwick Castle and numerous pretty Warwickshire villages, the North Cotswolds, the Vale of Evesham resplendent at this time of year with pear, apple and plum tree blossom.
For those who wish to partake of sports during your stay, there is horse riding, golfing, fishing, walking and cycling.
Just across the border in neighbouring Gloucestershire are the beautiful National Trust Gardens at Hidcote Manor, the gardens of Kiftsgate, a wealth a National Trust properties all within easy driving distance. The Cotswolds villages of Broadway, the Slaughters and the market towns of Stow on the Wold, Moreton In Marsh are a pure delight to discover as you meander around the leafy lanes and antique shops. For further details on the Shakespeare's Stratford on the Web or Visit Cotswolds click here.
Slightly further afield to the South and West you can discover the delights of the Vale of Evesham, Tewkesbury, Worcester and Cheltenham. To the North and East with excellent motorway connections we have the NEC, Birmingham Airport and Birmingham including "Cadbury World" and the Royal Showground at Stoneleigh.
For those with sporting connections, there are race courses at Stratford, Warwick, Worcester and Cheltenham, Polo matches in the Cotswolds, County Cricket at Worcester or Birmingham.
The cottage is available to let on a weekly basis - Saturday to Saturday. Prices from £250.00 per week, please enquire for further details.
The above prices are dependent on length of stay and time of year. Please see our terms and conditions. Available all year round, last minute short breaks available - please enquire.
Please read our terms and conditions. Bookings are accepted on the following terms and conditions. Once a booking has been confirmed, the booking will be held for a maximum of 7 days until we receive your payment. After this time, dates will be released if no payment is received. A booking confirms that you are over the age of 18 and have read and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. In the event of the property not being available for any reason beyond the Owners control all monies paid will be refunded at once. This will be the limit of the liability of the Owners.
1. £50 deposit is required. Please pay the balance 6 weeks before the rental period. Any booking taken less than 6 weeks prior to arrival must be paid in full following confirmation.
2. In the event of cancellation for any reason whatsoever, deposits are non-refundable. Written confirmation is required either by email or letter.
3. Horseshoe Cottage is available from 4.00pm on the day of arrival.
4. Horseshoe Cottage must be vacated by 10.00 am on the day of departure.
5. The number of occupants must not exceed the names on the booking form.
6. We reserve the right of access to Horseshoe Cottage at any reasonable time during your stay.
7. Sorry, we exercise a policy of no smoking within the cottage, you may smoke outside.
8. All breakages and damage must be reported and paid for.
9. Horseshoe Cottage is to be left in a clean and tidy condition. Should the cottage not be left clean and tidy there may be a surcharge deducted off your credit card.
10. Strictly NO PARKING or ball games at the side of the cottage.
11. In the event of any emergency please call 01789 720471.
12. If cancellation occurs within 6 weeks of the booking, you will be liable for the full rental. However should we be able to re-let the cottage, your payment less deposit will be refunded. Written confirmation is required either by email or letter.
13. No responsibility of financial liability will be accepted from the Hirer for any accident to them or loss or damage to their property/personal belongings/motor vehicles, whilst at Horseshoe Cottage, however caused during their stay.
14. It is in your interest to take out Holiday insurance in case you are unable to take your holiday for any reason whatsoever.
From the North & South & East
Leave M40 at Junction 15, take the A46 to Stratford follow town centre signs. In Stratford take B439 Evesham Road (signed Stratford race-course) and drive along here 4 miles. Turn left signed Welford. Go theough Welford and Long Marston, take first right signed Pebworth, drive for one mile take first left again signed Pebworth continue for another 1.5 miles, on entering Pebworth village take first left into Friday Street. Horseshoe Cottage is last but one cottage on left at the end of Friday Street.
From the West
Leave the M5 at Junction 9, and follow signs to Evesham, and then on for Stratford round the by pass. Get off for the race-course and Bidford (B439). You will come to a roundabout in Bidford, Turn right here for Broadway, go over traffic lights and bridge drive 2 miles further past The Gliding Club, through Bickmarsh, turn left at Ullington crossroads, signed Pebworth on entering Pebworth village, continue past the Church down Back Street into Long Marston road and take second right signed Friday Street. Horseshoe Cottage is last but one cottage on left at the end of Friday Street.
For more information on Stratford-upon-Avon Go to Stratford-upon-Avon Home Page
For more information on Chipping Campden Go to Chipping Campden Home Page
For more information on Visiting the Cotswolds Go to Visit Cotswolds Home Page
Shakespeare's Stratford on the Web / QuinSolve © / January 2012.
To contact Quinsolve see our web pages on http://www.quinsolve.co.uk
Note: This information was correct at the time of preparation, however QuinSolve accepts no responsibility for discrepancies or omissions.